Over time, your drains can become clogged with built up debris, grease, hair, food and other sediment. Once this debris hardens and settles in your drain, it can be tough to remove and can cause serious issues with your home plumbing. The experts at Tampa Bay Plumbing have the tools and knowledge to safely remove the clogs while extending the life of your pipes at the same time.
Signs you need Drain Cleaning
There are a few signs in your home that can point to a clogged drain. Some of the most obvious symptoms include:
- Slow draining or standing water in your sink, tub or shower.
- Toilet issues that include the toilet not filling up properly after flushing or an overflowing toilet.
If you are experiencing any of these issues, you may benefit from professional drain cleaning.
Benefits of Hiring a Professional
Experiencing drain problems or clogs may make you want to reach for the chemical drain cleaner. While chemical drain cleaners are sold in almost all hardware stores, the fact is that these cleaners are not suitable for your drains. Chemical drain cleaners use lye as the active ingredient to eat away at the clog and remove it. In doing this, lye can also weaken and eat away at your pipes, creating weak spots and potential areas for leaks or ruptures.
By hiring a professional, you can be assured that the clog will be dealt with safely and permanently. Professional drain cleaning has been proven to increase the longevity of your pipes.
Tips to Keep your Drains in Good Condition
We recommend having your drains cleaned and inspected as often as once per year or, at least, every three years. By investing in this service you can ensure everything is clean and running properly. Between cleanings, there are several things you can do to ensure your drains are running smoothly. This includes:
- At least once per week run hot water down your drains to clean out any residue that has not yet settled.
- Install food and hair screens in your sinks, tub and shower. These screens catch hair and food before it has a chance to go down the drain.
- Never pour grease down the drain. Even if you pour it down and rinse it with hot water, the grease will eventually cool and cause a blockage.
If you need Drain Cleaning Services, call a professional right away to get the problem solved safely and quickly. Call us at (727) 223-6400 now.